Find out how VoIP replaces older technologies and the types of VoIP that are available in today’s market.
35+ VoIP Industry Statistics You Absolutely Need to Know
If you’re thinking of switching to VoIP, or already using VoIP and want to know more about the industry, check out these essential VoIP statistics.
Voice over Internet Protocol, or VoIP, is a phone service that uses the internet instead of a landline. It’s become increasingly popular in recent years as more and more people - from business owners to individuals and everyone in between are choosing to ditch their traditional phone service in favor of VoIP.
The main advantages of switching to VoIP are its low cost, high quality, and flexibility. VoIP is also very simple to set up and use, which makes it an attractive option for small businesses and even large corporations alike.
If you’re thinking about switching from traditional phone service to VoIP, or if you’re already using VoIP and want to know more about the industry, check out these essential VoIP statistics.
VoIP Industry Statistics - Usage
- United States VoIP services demand grew to 41.6 million business lines from 6.2 million between 2010 and 2018. (Tech.Co, 2021)
- Tech.Co reports indicate that North America is on track to a 40% VoIP market share - the highest in the world - by 2025.
- VoIP is illegal in Guyana and Ethiopia and countries such as United Arab Emirates (UAE) only permit authorized VoIP services (Wikipedia)
- Of the companies using VoIP, 22% of them also have an 800 number. (Telzio, 2014)
- Telzio reported that employees spend an average of 400 minutes on the phone every month.
VoIP Industry Statistics - Technology
- 82% of businesses that switch to cloud based calling systems are saving money compared with traditional calling options. (Microsoft)
- AI and bots are on the rise with 95% of customer interactions projected to be managed by AI options by 2025. (Servion Solutions)
- The ability to take and make mobile calls is in demand by roughly 70% of companies. (FitSmallBusiness)
- FitSmallBusiness also shared that 57% of businesses want call routing and handling options from their VoIP service providers.
- Nearly 80% of consumers want self-service support such as knowledge base articles and AI systems to help them manage call troubleshooting. (Vanilla, 2020)
What These VoIP Statistics Tell Us
As remote work continues to be the preferred option for employees and management alike, VoIP demand will only continue to grow. The businesses that are using VoIP services can continue to run their organizations from anywhere in the world as long as they have an internet connection. Stay ahead of the curve with the technology that allows you to create a business line on the device you already own. With Ring4, you can get started in just a few minutes, and be making calls faster than you can order your favorite drink at the local coffee house. Click here to get started for free today!
About the author